I am a court reporting student located in Oceanside, California. I need to interview an official court reporter for an assignment and cannot find one anywhere in this area. I know that they're many around, but I'm new to this area...just moved here from New York and have had trouble finding one. If you know where or how I could contact one. Or if you are one...can I interview you? Even if you are not from this area...I am allowed to interview you over the phone or email. Again, I am not looking for freelance reporters, I already have an interview set up. I need a reporter who is offical and working in the court system! Thanks :)

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tami's right, there are a lot of very helpful, knowledgeable reporters, scopists, proofers, over at Depoman.com. There's also a lot over at the CRF. I can't give you the url for the CRF but if you go to searchmaster.com, Jim Barker lists a lot of good websites as well as informational sites.
Tami,

20, 7 & 22, so it was a success. Now on to the CRR. I'm finally dealing with a few boundary issues that I have.

I'm sorry I didn't mention you, Tami! My heart sank a bit as I realized my mistake of your exclusion.

Things are really picking up over here. Got more depos on calendar than I know what to do with. I'm back to the good ol' days of two years ago of scrambling to cover last-minute sets that are good jobs, not just a minimum PI depo.

Tell Clay congrats. Does he have to pass the whole thing at once to count, or can he pass it in legs?
Awesome! Sooo good to know...I'm really excited and ready for my internship!
Trina,

I think Tami is now downtown Riverside. Where are you?

Judy
Super, Judy!

You can pass one leg at a time. You used to have to pass all three legs at once, but that has changed a decade or so ago.

And no mistake, Silly! I surely didn't expect you to post all of the Depoman Family here in one little post.

Trina is downtown. We went to the same school -- probably a couple decades apart -- so I think she walks on air. Think she passed her CRR the first time, too. Right, Trina?

Anyway, I'm in Southwest, which is in Murrieta very close to the San Diego County line.

Kaleigh,

I think there's a captioning firm that works out of Carlsbad. Perhaps someone here can help you with the name. Check the yellow pages down your way, and you should be able to find firms more than willing to take you under their wing.

There's also the courthouse in Vista.

Our courthouse in Murrieta is beautiful. It's 12 departments, mostly criminal, and there's always something juicy going on. Our CR supervisor is the greatest CR manager one could ask for.

Good luck!
'78-'80 -- and proud of it, Girlfriend!!
Downtown Riverside = loads of fun. My husband has a big case there. Who's your judge?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service