I am a Case Catalyst scopist.

I am thinking about joining the NCRA. I would like to know if reporters use their listing to find scopist,
or what other sources do you use?

Any feedback you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be interested to hear feedback about that as well.
anyone?
Hi Norma

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I don't use the NCRA listings, I go by word of mouth from other reporters on forums like this one. We have enough pressure with deadlines in this job so I find it easier to take on a scopist that has been recommended by another reporter, rather than try someone new.

Having said that, the fact that a scopist joins this type of forum and checks in regularly and participates in discussions also goes a long way in my book.

Not sure that this has been any help, it's just my opinion :)
Thanks Michelle,

How about joining the NCRA as a reporter? what are the benefits?
I hear they charge an arm and a leg, is that true?

sorry, too many questions.
Hi Monti,

I joined the NCRA 17 years ago and still a member. I don't think the annual fee is too bad, roughly $100 but I'm not sure off hand.

However, the exam fees have almost doubled in the recent past due to a change in the administration of same. Previously one fee covered both written knowledge and machine portions of the exam, now there is a separate fee for each, which basically doubles the cost to the reporter. I know that part of the reason for this is that the written test is no longer held on the same day, or same location, as the machine portion.

The conventions can also be expensive to attend, and the fact that you need to get a certain number of credits every three years to maintain any certifications you hold, basically means that you have to attend conventions, or other seminars, which all cost money, to stay certified. I understand that they are trying to promote life-long learning, and I applaud that, but I don't think it needs to be so expensive - especially when I've got to travel over from Ireland each time :)

Maybe they could have one over here, or, you could have the first annual CSR nation jamboree here, what do you think??????
Haha! Ireland it is!

thanks for the info, I don't really know much about the NCRA, they are a mystery to me.
Thank you very much for your response.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service