This is a quick and easy read. It if very funny and has plenty of mother / daughter humor. I just finished The Kite Runner which I didn't like as much as A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

I loved The Kite Runner, but haven't yet read A Thousand Splendid Suns. Didn't really want to see the movie of Kite Runner; as I mentioned before, movies from books usually disappoint me -- Master and Commander - Far Side of the World being about the only exception I can recall.

I picked up a mother/daughter book in England a couple of years ago that had me laughing my patootie off all the way through. I gave to my own daughter when I got home. I'll have to ask her to dig it out of her cesspit of a room so I can put up title and author. It's a really good book!

Glad to see you here, Shelley. Can't wait to hear more of your "faves and raves."

D
Thanks! Glad to be a part of the group. Reading is my number one hobby. I have atleast 30 books lined up at any given time. I get them from my mom (who I can't possible keep up with!)
I have not done a mom book, except parenting help ones, lol. Maybe I need some humor??? ;)

I am thinking people like Kite or Suns, depending on the order they read them in. I read Kite when it first came out and just LOVED it! Our club just did Suns last fall and LOVED that also! I will 'not' say I like one better than the other tho, as they seemed very different to me....just one being the female perspective and the other a male; or one stays and one leaves. But I just thought they were incredible.

I also saw the movie and LOVED it!! They did an awesome job on it!! Truly, is worth the watching! Just to 'see' the country/etc really pulls the book closer to your heart.

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden was a great book, and I liked the movie to 'see' the clothing and such. If you read the book, you 'got' more of the movie than those who had not. There were SO many details they could not explain in the movie, that you get from the book.

Movies.....Stand by Me is one of my all time favorites and is a Stephen King short story "The Body". There are only two lines that are switched to another character. Otherwise, is word for word to the story, lol. Shawshank Redemption; The Green Mile and The Stand mini-series are my fav's of SK books to movies.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service