Easiest Tortilla Chicken Soup
1 tsp canola oil (I used olive oil)
1 onion, chopped (I used 2 and no green pepper)
1 green pepper chopped
2 garlic cloves,minced
3 cups chicken broth (I just used the whole box)
1 can chopped green chilies (I rinsed and drained them)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 (10 oz.) pkg frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 jar LaVictoria Medium Salsa
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 - 1 1/2 tsp cumin
(the recipe called for 1 tsp chili seasoning mix instead of the chili powder and the cumin but I didn't have any so I used the cumin and the chili powder.)
1 1/2 cups COOKED chicken breasts, chopped
Cilantro to garnish
8 large baked corn tortilla chips coarsely broken up
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic, cook stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes
3. Add the broth, tomatoes, salsa, corn and seasonings ; bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Add the chicken.
5. Reduce the heat
6. Reduce the heat and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes
7. Serve w/ chips and cilantro
makes four servings of about 1/2 cups each counts 4 points each, about 200 calories each.
My Status: Online Offline Away Play sounds?